Esther has been teaching in media and communication at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (AUAS/HvA) since 2007. Unless specified otherwise, the courses in this overview were taught there.
COURSES DESIGNED, COORDINATED, AND TAUGHT
- Cultural philosophy, 3rd-year course (2017–2022)
- Media and Society, 1st-year course (2009–2022)
- Digital Media and Society, 2nd-year course (2015–2016)
- Dutch Media Landscape, 1st-year course (2014–2015)
- Media Literacy, 3rd-year course (2011–2014)
- Media and Society, 2nd-year Course (2010–2013)
- Philosophy of Culture and Creativity, 3rd-year course (2008–2012)
- Art History, 3rd-year course (2009–2012)
- Information Skills, 1st-year course (2013)
- Qualitative Research, 1st-year course (2013)
- Research, 1st-year course (2012)
- Visual Culture, 1st-year course (2012)
- Trends in Media, 3rd-year course (2007–2009)
- Media and Culture, 3rd-year course (2007)
- Media and Culture, 1st-year course (2007)
- Communication Skills, 3rd-year course (2007)
SUPERVISION, TUTORING, AND COACHING
- Individual and group supervision of bachelor theses
- Individual supervision of internships
- Group tutoring in various projects
- Individual and group coaching
INVITED GUEST LECTURES OUTSIDE OF THE AUAS
Liveness. (2017, 2018, 2019). Guest lecture for students and various partners including Ex Machina, TNO, Onlive, Johan Cruijff ArenA. Medialab Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Liveness. (2018). Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University, USA.
Liveness: from the broadcast media era to the social media era. With Karin van Es. (2014). Leiden University, the Netherlands.
Seminar Media Literacy for the Information Professional. With Barbara Devilee. (2010). Hochschule der Medien Stuttgart, Germany.